Calitho U seeks to produce and centralize the best print knowledge available on the web, from original authorship to curating information from other sources. The focus will be on timely developments in the commercial printing and visual communications space, with an emphasis on print buyers. This piece by Ira Blacker sets out the “ten commandments” for print buyers and producers.
- Set realistic deadlines
- Leave space for the bleed area
- Use high-resolution files
- Proofread and spell check your work
- Choose the right color mode
- Specify the page size and paper type
- Choose the right fonts
- No less than 300 dpi resolution
- Run a test before the product is printed
- Ask for assistance if you need it
Read more here.