Recycle & ReduceHere at Calitho, we hold ourselves responsible for minimizing our environmental footprint. That means we:
- Recycle all paper waste, corrugated material, aluminum, wood, ink and chemicals used throughout the production process
- Use soy-based inks, which emit near zero VOCs, and aqueous coatings
- Hand mix inks on site (rather than purchase pre-mixed inks), which saves more than 3,000 pounds of waste annually
- Institute lean, eco-responsible processes including digital pre-media workflow and printing, online proofing and computer-to-plate systems
- Reduce energy consumption by investing in high efficiency factory lighting
Certified Environmental StewardsCalitho is proud to have received the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification in recognition of our aggressive efforts to institute environmentally responsible, socially beneficial and economically viable practices. In order to qualify for FSC® certification, our processes and standards were thoroughly and rigorously inspected. FSC® products available upon request.
Investing in Green TechnologiesAt Calitho, we put our dollars where our heart is by investing in the most advanced green technologies on the market. Take our new custom-built Komori Lithrone G40 press, for example. One of only ten in the country, it is the world’s first truly sustainable UV press. The “G” stands for “Green” and for good reason. Its cutting-edge technology reduces power consumption and CO2 emissions by 80%, diminishes paper waste and noise, and boasts a quick UV powder-less drying system. We also operate an HP Indigo digital press, which offers tremendous environmental benefits such as using liquid inks (rather than dry toners), which dramatically enhances the offset quality while reducing the amount of ink required. In fact, these inks comply with California’s Proposition 65, and do not contain any hazardous air pollutants established by the US Federal Clean Air Act.
Sustainability PartnersWe know we’re not alone in wanting to demonstrate a commitment to sustainable practices. We’d be happy to show you how your project can qualify for FSC® certification as well as other ways to lessen its environmental impact, such as choosing a finished size that makes the most efficient use of standard paper sizes and teaming with you early in the process to achieve the most eco-friendly design possible.
FSC® products available upon request.